Thursday, March 14, 2013

When God Hands You Spiders, You Have a Hard Time Making Anything Due to Spider Bites

Avast ye readers of web-based comics!

As always, an enormous thank you to all those who follow our comic. We've had a very good half for this month in terms of content and views, which helps take my mind of the enormous bite a spider took out of me while a slept. In spite of said spider having it's way with me while I was unconscious, it's been a fast upward swing since the last post I made. I'm fully aware that I may have laid it on a little thick with that one, but it was the result of Google Analytics reporting that we had less than 10 hits for the month of February. Recently I found out this was a problem with Analytics itself and not the traffic we were generating; once I set up our originally primitive yet reliable traffic counter, it was immediately that our numbers were much better than what were initially reported.

Freaking out about a perceived lack of results isn't entirely negative. In the few days I thought we were in the toilet, I scrambled together a lot of updates and new avenues that I may have otherwise put off til later. I'm most proud of the fact that we were able to start using custom lettering created by our signtastic friend, Jim Cottage. Jim has an incredible amount of experience working on posters, signs, and lettering for consumer products. By doing so, he's able to conjure up very unique and evocative characters faster than a gypsy's whisper. It is pretty mind-boggling how much more comic-booky our panels look with a proper hand-drawn font.

Little by little, we're getting faster and more effective at creating. Please keep reading "After" as you've graciously been doing, because we're only scratched the surface of the story. We want to keep telling it! YOU CAN'T STOP US!!! (sorry)

Thanks again, and check out www.after-comic.com every Weds for new comics!

No comments:

Post a Comment